Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens odds, picks and best bets
It's only Week 3, but the NFL's Game of the Year is already here. The Super Bowl LIV champion Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) will take on the Baltimore Ravens (2-0) on Monday Night Football with an 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff. Below, we preview the Chiefs-Ravens betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and best bets.
Chiefs at Ravens betting odds and lines
- Money line : Chiefs +155 (bet $100, win $155) | Ravens -182 (Bet $182, win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Chiefs +3.5 (-110) | Ravens -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 53.5 (O: -110, U: -110)
Special Monday Night Football Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on the money line for the Kansas City Chiefs or Baltimore Ravens and WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team scores a touchdown during the game. Regardless of the outcome, you win with a touchdown! Terms and conditions apply.
Chiefs at Ravens game notes
- The Ravens (35.5) and Chiefs (28.5) rank third and ninth, respectively, in points per game thus far. They're fourth and eighth, respectively in rushing yards per game.
- The Ravens have been even more impressive defensively with a league-low 11.0 PPG allowed. The Chiefs are ninth with 20.0 PPG allowed.
- The two teams also met in Week 3 of the 2019 season. The Chiefs won 33-28. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes threw for 374 yards and 3 touchdowns. Ravens QB Lamar Jackson threw for 267 yards with another 46 yards and one score on the ground.
- Both teams lean on rookie running backs. First-round pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire has 176 rushing yards, 32 receiving yards and one rushing touchdown. Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins has 70 yards and two scores on the ground.
- Baltimore is 2-0 against the spread while covering by 17.2 points per game. Kansas City failed to cover last week in its 23-20 overtime win over the Los Angeles Chargers and surprise rookie starter Justin Herbert.
Chiefs at Ravens key injuries
- WR Sammy Watkins (concussion/neck) questionable
Chiefs at Ravens: Odds, betting lines, picks and prediction
Ravens 32, Chiefs 28
Money line ( ?)
I like the Ravens (-182) to win this marquee MNF showdown, but there's not enough value in their money line play. I'm going to bet larger on the Ravens on the spread, and place a small ML bet on the CHIEFS (+155) in a rare spot for them as plus-money underdogs.
The Week 3 line seems to be incorporating some negative recency bias following the champs' narrow win over the Chargers. That game needs to be thrown out when handicapping the rest of the year, as was their game plan for the supposedly Tyrod Taylor-led Chargers.
They're still the reigning champs and looked every bit that part in Week 1 against the Houston Texans. Take advantage of this line. Take CHIEFS (+155).
Against the spread (?)
While they still need to dethrone the Chiefs, the Ravens have looked like the best team in football through two weeks. They throttled the Cleveland Browns 38-6 in Week 1 and beat the Texans 33-16 last Sunday.
Containing Mahomes is their tallest order yet, but the defense has looked as good as the offense. Take the RAVENS -3.5 (-110).
Over/Under ( ?)
This total figures to continue rising throughout the week, but I love the OVER 53.5 (-110). It will be the public play, especially with the MNF TV spot, but it's the best bet with the MVP trophy potentially on the line between Jackson and Mahomes.
Target the Over until we're offered plus-money on the Under at a higher number.
- Chiefs' Mahomes planning for fast start vs. Ravens (Chiefs Wire)
- Ravens CB Peters praises Chiefs' Mahomes: 'The dude is amazing' (Ravens Wire)
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.