Elba Wilson Robertson
Elba Robertson passed away Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
Elba Wilson Robertson was born to Ben and Beatrice Wilson and was raised with her brother, Holley Wilson, and sister, Gladys Fortune, in Milton, Florida. Elba fell in love with and married, Samuel J. "Sam" Robertson, and the two spent a long and happy life together until Sam's recent passing.
Elba's life was full of contributions to her community family and friends, and she was a tireless volunteer for countless worthy causes including:
- WSRE Foundation where she was a board member for 13 years
- Member Board of Governors for Pensacola State College
- Member of the Pensacola State College Foundation Cornerstone Society
- Founding member of the Anna Society, PSC Foundation
- Trustee of Pensacola Junior College for 8.5 years
- Board Member Pensacola Opera
- Milton Firefighters Pension Trust Fund Board Member
- Past-President of the Episcopal Women at Christ Church in Pensacola and active service to St Mary's Episcopal Church in Milton
- Advisory Board Member Milton Downtown Redevelopment Board
- Santa Rosa Medical Center Volunteer for many years
- In 2003, Elba won the award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser for the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and won the 2004 Spirit of Women Community Award for her work as Chairwoman for the Escambia/Santa Rosa PACE Center for Girls and served on the Statewide Board
- WSRE established the Elba Robertson Lifetime Advocate Award and is honored in the lobby of the Jean and Paul Amos Performance Studio
- Anna Switzer Center for Visual Arts volunteer
Elba was a passionate animal lover, deeply caring for wayward and needy animals, not the least of which was her devoted Harley who in the twilight of her life stayed by her side and provided much comfort. At her heart, Elba believed in devotion to God and service to others. Her kind spirit has touched a worldwide network of friends from all walks of life who she inspired and loved and inspired to love. Her smile, her kindness, her sense of humor and her open door will be sorely missed.
A Memorial Service, for Elba, will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 26, 2018, at St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Milton, with the Reverend Matthew Dollhausen officiating. Inquiries can be made by calling St. Mary's Church at 850-623-2905.
Lewis Funeral Home of Milton has been entrusted with arrangements.
Please leave condolences for the family at: www.lewisfuneralhomes.net