Renaissance Faire and Pirate Fest coming to fairgrounds
MILTON — The 18th Annual Gulf Coast Renaissance Faire and Pirate Fest is coming soon to Santa Rosa County.
The festival — set 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3-4 at the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds, 8604 Bobby Brown Road, Milton — will feature a number of attractions.
Among them are medieval jousting knights, fighters and musicians; pirates, falconry and an appearance of the king and queen; swashbuckling swordsmen and storytellers; Arabian, Irish, renaissance and gypsy dancers; and magicians and blacksmithing demonstrations.
The event also will feature renaissance theatre, jesters, jugglers, fire breathers, knife and axe throwing, a petting zoo, camel rides, food and drinks, renaissance games, and medieval merchants with thousands of wares and crafts.
These groups, among others, will be present:
- Fenix Bellydance — a Mobile belly-dance troupe
- Good Neighbors All — a South Alabama renaissance and folk music troupe
- Joey 5 Magic — a showman with magic and talents
- Michelle’s Magical Poodles
- SE Teen Shakespeare Company
- Normans of the Southern Sun — featuring medieval sword fighting and living history
- Falcon’s Pirate Crewe — featuring sword-fighting skills
- The Gypsy Chicks — performing gypsy dance and music
- Phoenix Swords — a theatrical swordplay group from New England
- SCA Barony Osprey/Shire Arenal — providing fight demonstrations and dance
- Julie Black and the Fairy Dancers — a renaissance dance troupe
- Tommy the Jester
- Faron Brewer Troupe/Lucidian — performing renaissance music
- Hawthorne’s Circus Bizarre
- Statue Viva — Is it a person or a statue? Event attendees can see for themselves
- Babin Puppetry — Renaissance puppets with tales of damsels, brave knights and dragons
- Drunk N Sailor — featuring nautical ditties
- Baklava-belly dancing with live drumming
- Kracker Dan Minstrels — folk and ancient music for all to enjoy
Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5 to 12. Admission for children ages 4 and under is free. All military service members with current active ID receive a 10 percent discount on tickets with proof of ID at the gate.
Tickets are available at the gate on the days of show.
WHAT: The 18th Annual Gulf Coast Renaissance Faire and Pirate Fest
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 3-4
WHERE: Santa Rosa Fairgrounds, 8604 Bobby Brown Road, Milton
COST: Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5 to 12. Admission for children ages 4 and under is free. All military service members with current active ID receive a 10 percent discount on tickets with proof of ID at the gate.