Flooding Update #9


County Actions










Areas with Significant Water & Standing Water Safety





Damage Assessments

o             Crop Damage


o   South Santa Rosa Health Department 8 to 15 inches of water

o   Emergency Operations Center Water under raised floor, 750 gallons of water extract

o   Milton Library water intrusion

o   Roof leaks at Chumuckla Community Center, Administration Building and Whittle Building



Roads & Bridges



Insects, Snakes & Wildlife



Private Well Safety

Department of Health found at: http://www.floridahealth.gov/healthy-environments/private-well-testing/.

Have well water tested by a laboratory certified by the state to conduct testing for coliform bacteria.


Water Quality Advisory


Permits and Contractors

         If youve had damage to your home from the recent flooding, its important that the work is done properly and that the person you hire is properly licensed. Check our website to ensure they are licensed in Santa Rosa County. data1.santarosa.fl.gov/gopermitslive/

         A permit is required for but not limited to:

o   Foundation repairs.

o   Drywall replacement.

o   Roofing repairs.

o   Electrical repairs or replacement.

o   Water line or gas line repairs or replacement.

o   Air conditioner/heating repairs or replacement.


                                 Warning Signs of an Unlicensed Contractor:

o   The contract offers a verbal contract only.

o   The contractor does not have proof of insurance. A licensed contractor in Santa Rosa County is required to have workers compensation and general liability insurance.

o   The contractor asks you to obtain the permit. The permit holder is held responsible for making any changes needed to pass inspections. If you hold the permit then we expect you to make the corrections.

o   The contractor states that a permit is not required. Most often a permit is required except for minor repairs.

o   The contractor only provides a copy of a Business Tax Receipt as proof of a license. The State of Florida requires an individual to hold a State Certification, State Registration of Specialty Trade License in the field they are contracting to lawfully engage in contracting. Each will have a wallet card labeled with their name and scope of trade.

         Please call Santa Rosa County Development services with questions about contractor or permit requirements, between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at (850) 981-7000.


Home Cleanup



General Information