1. ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS PARADE. The city of Milton will hold the annual Clark’s Lock & Safe Christmas Parade 6 p.m. Dec. 2. This year’s theme is "A Cartoon Christmas." Lineup begins at 4:30 p.m. at the Guy Thompson Community Center, 5629 Byrom St. The parade will go from Byrom Street north to James Street, east on James Street to Stewart Street, and south on Stewart Street to Elva Street. Float judges will be staged at the Santa Rosa County Chamber offices on Stewart Street. Contact the Chamber of Commerce at 623-2339 for more information.
2. WATCH A HOLIDAY MOVIE. Big Screen on the Blackwater will kick off 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1 on South Willing Street in downtown Milton. Santa Rosa County Federal Credit Union and The GEO Group present this free outdoor movie series. This week’s movie is "Elf." Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on-site before the movie at 6 p.m.
3. EAT CHILI FOR A CAUSE. Ollie’s Neighborhood Grill will host a chili cookoff and car show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 2 at 6181 Highway 90 in Milton. The car show starts at 10 a.m. and entry fee is a new, unwrapped toy. The chili cookoff starts at 11 a.m.; it is $10 to enter and $5 to judge. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Santa Rosa Kids’ House. A 50-50 raffle will be drawn that night; tickets are $3 each or two tickets for $5. Call Jon Anderson at 626-7499 with any questions.
4. ATTEND A HOLIDAY-THEMED MURDER MYSTERY. Improbable Cause Mystery Theatre will present "Ho Ho Homicide" 7 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Imogene Theatre, 6866 Caroline St. in Milton. This show is also an ugly sweater party, so wear your favorite ugliest sweater. The meal includes honey-glazed baked ham, cheesy potatoes, strawberry spinach salad, rolls and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. Tickets are $35 for adults with the meal, $30 for kids with the meal, $25 for military with the meal, or $20 for the show only. Tickets can be purchased at www.theimogenetheatre.com.
5. PLAY POOL TO HELP CHILDREN. The West Florida Amateur Pool League will hold the 4th annual Angel Tree Tournament 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Oops Alley Family Entertainment Center at 3721 Highway 90 in Pace. All proceeds will go to the Santa Rosa Kids’ House. Sponsor a child or donate $20 to enter the tournament. Come with a partner or be paired with one.