1. TAKE OVER THE RIVER. The Krewe of Lafitte and Bob’s Canoes are hosting the Pirate Flotilla River Takeover 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 20 at 7525 Munson Highway in Milton. Children are welcome at the event, but parents should be aware of alcoholic beverages present; participants may bring their own food and canned beer, but glass and hard liquor are not permitted. Tubes are $19, cooler tubes are $9, kayaks are $26 and canoes are $44 for two people. Participants should bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats, towels, snacks and drinks, trash bags to keep trash together, water toys and floaties. Visit www.facebook.com/Bobs-Canoes-124917414228024 for more information on the event.
2. WATCH TRUCK RACING. Down to Earth Mud Racing will host a race 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 20 at 8860 Rooster Run in Milton. Gates will open at 9 a.m. and racing will begin at 1 p.m. Admission for ages 13 and up is $10; for ages 6-12, admission is $7, and for ages 5 and under, admission is free. It is $25 for all ages to enter the pit area during the race.
3. ADOPT A FELINE. Alyssa’s Antique Depot will hold a CARE of Santa Rosa County cat and kitten adoption event at 11 a.m. Aug. 19 at 4586 Chumuckla Highway in Pace. All CARE cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up to date on shots. You may apply to adopt ahead of time and get pre-approved so you can take a cat home the day of the event. Visit www.caretomakeadifference.com to fill out an application. Adoption application, vet check and home visit are all required. Adoption fees are $150.
4. PARTICIPATE IN A PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION. The Imogene Theatre will host TV’s The Ghost Brothers 8:30 p.m. Aug. 19 at 6866 Caroline Street in Milton. Participants can meet the hosts and be a part of a paranormal investigation. Tickets are $35 presale or $45 at the door.
5. HAVE A LIP SYNC BATTLE. The Imogene Theatre will host a lip sync battle 5-7 p.m. Aug. 18 at 6866 Caroline Street in Milton. Participants can perform on the 105-year-old stage. To sign up, participants can message the Imogene Theatre’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/TheImogeneTheatre/, tell them your song choice and plan your costume to look like your chosen artist.