1. RIDE HORSES. Blackwater Saddle Club is holding their monthly playday 3-8 p.m. July 8 at the June Ates Arena, 8690 Bobby Brown Road, Milton. Exhibitions start at 3 p.m. and the show starts at 5 p.m. Arena members pay $5 per family and nonmembers pay $10. Entry is $5 per class, per horse; barrel racing, roll over and sidepot are $10 for entry. Concessions will be available.
2. APPRECIATE ATHLETES. The Santa Rosa Special Olympics Athletes are holding an Appreciation Picnic 5-7:30 p.m. July 6 at 1129 Christmas Tree Road, Milton. There will be refreshments. The organization is still looking for food and drink sponsors, cash or goods for donations. Call or text 291-6234 to RSVP, or you can click “going” on the Facebook event.
3. WATCH DINNER THEATRE. Improbable Cause Mystery Theatre presents “A Dinner to Die For” 6:30-8 p.m. July 7 at The Imogene Theatre, 6866 Caroline St., Milton. The show is 90 minutes long. Tickets with a meal are $35 for adults and $25 for kids; tickets with a military discount are $30 for adults and $20 for kids. Visit icmtheatre.com for ticket information.
4. LISTEN TO LOCAL MUSIC. The Rivera Band, a classic country band, is playing 7-9 p.m. July 8 at the Imogene Theatre, 6866 Caroline St., Milton. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and music starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 advance or $15 at the door.
5. ATTEND A BEACH CONCERT. The Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 10th annual free summer concert series, Tunes by the Dunes, from 6-8 p.m. July 6 at Navarre Beach Park. The series will offer a line-up of free outdoor concerts every Thursday until Aug. 31 at the Sand Crab Pavilion in Navarre Beach Park. This week’s artist is a rock n’ roll band called The Rowdies.