COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
Thursday, July 25, 2013 – 9:00 a.m.
Administrative Complex - Board Meeting Room
9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor Brian Deida, Pleasant Home Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Minutes of the July 11, 2013 Regular Meeting
Approval of the Agenda
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend proposal from HOK, Inc. regarding proposed judicial facility.
2. Recommend contract with Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center, Inc. allocating $70,000 from District Four Recreation Funds for development of the Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center.
3. Recommend TDC grant allocation in the amount of $50,000 to support Navarre Beach Marine Science Center program as recommended by Tourist Development Council.
4. Recommend waiver of fee for children under 12 at Navarre Beach Fishing Pier during the month of October for Kids Fish Free event as part of Beaches to Woodlands Tour.
5. Recommend use of the Navarre Park for the 19th annual Christmas in the Park/JingleFest sponsored by the Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce Saturday, December 7, 2013.
6. Recommend annual designation of surplus property for disposal by Clerk of Courts.
7. Recommend addition of a voluntary long term disability policy at no cost to the county as recommended by Director of Human Resources and Employee Benefits Group.
8. Recommend Family Fun Kite Festival on Navarre Beach Saturday October 12, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. thru 4:00 p.m. in conjunction with Beaches to Woodlands Tour.
9. Recommend renewal of RMS Timberlands, LLC License/Lease Agreement for removal of clay/dirt material at Cannon and Gomillion excavation pits.
10. Recommend proposal from C&G Landclearing in the amount of $16,000 for cutting trees encroaching/penetrating the FAA regulated approach slope at Peter Prince Airport.
11. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Board room of the Santa Rosa County Administrative Center):
Tourist Development North End Committee August 1 8:30 a.m.
Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 5247 Stewart St., Milton
Commission Committee August 5 9:00 a.m.
Marine Advisory August 6 5:00 p.m.
Commission Regular August 8 9:00 a.m.
RESTORE Council August 8 3:00 p.m.
Zoning Board Meeting August 8 6:00 p.m.
Fire Department Executive Group August 12 6:30 p.m.
Emergency Operations Center, 4499 Pine Forest Rd, Milton
Tourist Development South End Committee August 14 9:00 a.m.
Navarre Visitors’ Center, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre
Library Advisory Committee August 15 4:00 p.m.
Navarre Library, 8484 James M. Harvell Rd., Navarre
1. Recommend Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $9,039.35 to contract with Birkshire Johnstone, Inc. for construction of Tiger Point Community Center as recommended by STOA Architects.
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend annual contracts with Florida Division of Emergency Management for Emergency Management Performance Award (EMPA) grant in the amount of $105,806 and Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) in the amount of $72,707 and authorize execution of relevant documents.
2. Recommend subordination of mortgage for SHIP loan on property located at 6409 Lynnwood Circle consistent with Board policy.
3. Recommend subordination of mortgage for SHIP loan on property located at 5685 Eagle Drive consistent with Board policy.
4. Recommend acceptance of $1,000 for short sale in lieu of foreclosure for property located at 5473 Mulat Road.
5. Recommend 2013 Escambia HOME Consortium Annual Action Plan for Housing and Community Development and authorize execution of relevant documents.
6. Recommend State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) annual report and authorize execution of relevant documents.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
1. Recommend Amendment No. 1 to annual contract WS779 with Florida Department of Corrections regarding term and compensation for one inmate work squad and supervisor.
2. Recommend Change Order No. 4 in the amount of $48,915.45 from Aero Training & Rental, Inc. for Bagdad Wastewater CDBG project due to inclement weather and scope changes funded by City of Milton and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend bid in the amount of $646,126.50 from Panhandle Grading and Paving, Inc. for base bid and Alternate #1 for Spencer Field/Benny Russell Park Sidewalks construction project as low bidder meeting specifications.
2. Recommend bid in the amount of $1,275,547 from American Environmental Group for Phase One of Landfill Gas Collection and Control System as low bidder meeting specifications.
3. Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.
Agenda for Commission meeting Thursday 9 a.m.
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM Jul 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM