Glen Hill is the General Manager of the Blackwater Bistro in Milton.
1. What brought you to Santa Rosa County?
I was born here and returned to be closer to my family. We are a multi-generational family from the Coldwater Community in the north end of the county.
2. If you had the power of a super hero, what power would that be and why?
Captain Marvel - he had the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury.
3. What did you want to be growing up and why?
I wanted to be the Governor of Florida following the great footsteps of Gov. Lawton Chiles.
4. Name three things you will always have in your refrigerator?
Yogurt, Water, and Chicken
5. What would we hear on the radio of your car/truck during a road trip?
Foo Fighters - My Hero
6. What was the last book you read?
The Gift: The 12 Greatest Tood of Personal Growth - and How to Put them into practice written by Shad Helmstetter, Ph. D. - a Milton resident.
7. What is your favorite food and why?
Beef Wellington with mac and cheese and fresh steamed broccoli. It is a great English dish with lots of rich taste.
8. Where would your ideal vacation spot be?
Ponce, Puerto Rico
9. Who, living or dead, has been the biggest influence on you, and why?
My grandfather, William Hillary Thompson, who worked for Santa Rosa County and farmed our family land. His values of helping others and being an active member of the community was always appealing to me.
10. What household chore do you hate and why?
Laundry - it's time consuming.
11. If you could talk to any historical figure over dinner, who would it be and why?
Neil Armstrong; I would want to know what it was like to walk on the moon.
12. If you had $50,000 to spend, what would you do with the money and why. You cannot say to pay off a bill.
Invest in the lives of the children living in poverty in Santa Rosa County.