· There has been one confirmed house fire resulting in displacement.
· One tree has fallen on a home in East Milton. The county will assess damages.
· There were 102, 9-1-1 responses in the 24 hour period ending at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
· There have been more than 80 Citizens Information Center calls in the 24 hour period ending at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
· There is one confirmed fatality from a 7 p.m. accident on Tuesday, Jan. 28 from I-10 into the Blackwater River.
o A fuel sheen fell into the river from the bridge and a person has been removed from the submerged vehicle. On-scene units included East Milton Volunteer Fire Department, Bagdad Volunteer Fire Department, Lifeguard Ambulance, Santa Rosa County Sherriff’s Office, Florida Highway Patrol, and Department of Transportation. Three patients were transported to Santa Rosa Medical Center. The divers are out and the search mission has been called off.
o While removing the 18-wheeler part of the cargo went into the river with other debris, if they are located citizens are asked to call the Santa Rosa County 9-1-1 center at (850) 983-5372. The main content was drums of vinegar.
· Santa Rosa County residents who cannot maintain heat due to power outages or any other reasons are encouraged to call the Citizens Information Center at (850) 983- INFO (4636).
· Gulf Power continues to receive and resolve power outage issues.
· Please do not call 9-1-1 to report power outages. Power outages should be reported to Gulf Power at 1-800-GU-Power (1-800-487-6937) or Escambia River Cooperative, Inc. at 1-877-OUT-EREC (1-877-688-3732).
· Never touch a fallen power line, and assume all wires on the ground are electrically charged.
Cold Weather Safety
General Safety Information