Santa Rosa Sheriff's deputies responded to a home on Admiral Halsey Rd. last week in East Milton after a neighbor reported a dead body inside the house, according to reports.

Once deputies arrived, they realized that an 80-year-old woman had spent days in the home with her deceased 55-year-old daughter, thinking she was just sleeping.

Gail Sue Gillis, 55, died a few days before she was discovered, the exact date of death is uncertain at this time, according to reports. She was found in the hallway inside the home in the 5200 block of Admiral Halsey Rd. A neighbor, who says he was asked to come inside the home by Gillis' mother to change a light bulb, says he smelled "death" as he entered the house and discovered Gillis, obviously deceased, Sheriff's reports say.

The woman's mother, who lived there with her daughter seemed oblivious to her daughter's condition, telling a deputy on the scene that her daughter was sleeping, not to wake her.

The cause of death is awaiting toxicology reports, according to Sheriff's officials, who say there were no obvious signs of trauma.

This is not the first time Santa Rosa Sheriff's deputies have been to the home, according to sheriff's dispatch records. There have been 267 calls for service dating back to 2003. Two of those calls turned into a Baker Act - a method by which law enforcement, in this case, can take a person into custody and transport them to a mental health facility for evaluation based on the person's mental state. The potential for harm to the individual or to another person is a requirement for a Baker Act.

Sheriff's records show in July 2007, at the age of 73, the mother was Baker Acted after she called dispatchers at the Sheriff's Office to report a theft. The responding deputy said in his report the woman was hallucinating and admitted she was off her medication. She refused a voluntary exam and was subsequently taken to a local mental health facility.

Later that year, it happened again after she called a sheriff's dispatcher and calling herself only "B", she reported drug activity in her neighborhood, spelling out the word "drug". Then she mentioned a man with a razor and played a Christmas song over the phone for the dispatcher.

Sheriff's records indicate of the 267 calls for service placed in the 10-year-period, only five reports were taken. One was for a criminal mischief that occurred in 2003; three were Baker Acts; and one was the death of Gillis. Most were for welfare checks; patrol requests; police assists; information; suspicious person; two listed as mentally ill person; and one fire was reported in November, 2010.

Sheriff's records indicate the mother is currently . Next of kin has been notified. The case is still open, pending the results of the toxicology reports, according to officials.