9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor Murray Hamilton, Heart of God Church Ministry
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Minutes of the July 11, 2013 Judicial Facility Workshop, July 23, 2013 Budget Workshops and July 25, 2013 Regular and Special Meeting.
Approval of the Agenda
9:30 a.m. Public Hearings
An ordinance amending Ordinances 91-24 and 2013-03 clarifying the language pertaining to lot size and zoning district as depicted in the attached maps.
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
1. Recommend Resolution supporting request by Workforce Escarosa, Inc. for waiver of ITA/training requirement contained in Florida Workforce Innovation Act.
2. Recommend submission of Florida Defense Infrastructure Grant (DIG) in the amount of $200,000 for continuation of property acquisition proximate to NAS Whiting Field and outlying fields.
3. Recommend submission of Florida Defense Reinvestment Grant in the amount of $109,800 for military consultant services and regional military skills inventory and assessment.
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend contract with HOK, Inc for scope of services and fee schedule for design services associated with proposed judicial facility.
2. Recommend waiver of provisions of nuisance noise ordinance for Preferred Materials, Inc. at 6250 Da Lisa Road for two (2) month period for concrete work associated with expansion of Gulf Cable, Inc.
3. Recommend staff include the concept of proposed bridge to Navarre Beach and other options in the five (5) year update to the Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization Long Range Plan.
4. Recommend updated Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) Interlocal Agreement approving revised TPO Metropolitan Planning Area Boundary and Membership Reapportionment Plan.
5. Discussion of submission of 2014-2015 Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program (FRDAP) grant application.
6. Recommend Pace High School Band Zombie Run from Pace High School southward on Pace Patriot Blvd. to S.S. Dixon Primary School on Saturday October 26, 2013 beginning at 4:00 p.m.
7. Recommend acceptance of two (2) easements from Quikrete Companies, Inc. required for providing utilities to Bagdad Volunteer Fire Department building.
8. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Boardroom of the Santa Rosa County Administrative Center):
Commission Committee August 19 9:00 a.m.
Interviews for Nav. Beach Pier Management August 19 1:30 p.m.
Tourist Development Council Board Meeting August 21 3:00 p.m.
Navarre Visitors’ Center, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre
Aviation Advisory Committee August 21 5:00 p.m.
Commission Regular August 22 9:00 a.m.
Flood Mitigation Task Force Annual Meeting August 22 1:30 p.m.
Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Milton
Commission Special – Rezoning Meeting August 22 6:00 p.m.
MSBU Public Hearing August 27 6:00 p.m.
Bagdad Architectural Advisory Board August 28 8:30 a.m.
Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Milton
Parks and Recreation August 28 5:30 p.m.
1. Recommend intersection modification at Woodbine Road and US90 intersection as recommended by the Florida Department of Transportation.
2. Recommend MTM Resources, LLC for Resident Compliance Specialist (RCS) consulting services for Spencer Field/Benny Russell Park Sidewalks Project as required and funded by Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program agreement.
3. Discussion of variance to Land Development Code requirements for subdivision interconnectivity relating to Preliminary Plat for Pace Mill Creek Phase Three, a 138 lot subdivision in District One.
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend subordination of mortgage for HHRP loan on property located at 5552 Woodcrest Drive consistent with Board policy.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 142 in the amount of $70,000 to fund the Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center from District Four (4) Projects Fund as approved at the July 25, 2013 meeting.
2. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 143 in the amount of $50,000 carrying forward funds for the 2013 Gateway to the Gulf project of the NWFL Marine Edge, Inc. in the Tourist Development Tax Fund as approved at the July 25, 2013 meeting.
3. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 144 in the amount of $9,040 for Change Order No. 1 for the Tiger Point Community Center from District Five (5) Projects Fund as approved at the July 25, 2013 meeting.
4. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 145 in the amount of $646,127 carrying forward funds for the construction of sidewalks for the Spencer Field Road/Benny Russell Park in the Road and Bridge Fund as approved at the July 25, 2013 meeting.
5. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 146 in the amount of $275,547 for Phase One of the Landfill Gas Collection from the Landfill Enterprise Fund as approved at the July 25, 2013 meeting.
6. Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.