9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor Michael Mefford, West Milton Church of Christ
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Minutes of the April 25, 2013 Special Meeting
Approval of the Agenda
Amateur Radio Week
Viva Florida 500 – Gwen Wilson, Library Director
9:30 a.m. Public Hearings
Vacation of the rear 25 feet setback of Lot 1, Block H in the Woodlawn Heights Subdivision, as requested by Giulio Bonzagni.
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
1. Recommend endorsement of the Pensacola Area Chamber of Commerce Strategic Plan as presented by Jim Hizer, President/CEO.
2. Recommend reappointment of Robin Punyko and Robert Ephraim to the Workforce Escarosa, Inc. Board of Directors.
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend waiver of nuisance noise ordinance requirements for Night Train Tavern, 8121 U.S. 90 East, Milton for outdoor band until 12:00 a.m. Saturday, June 8, 2013.
2. Recommend acceptance of title to 14 ft. dual axle utility trailer for Blackwater Soil and Water Conservation District for use as environmental education display.
3. Recommend Construction Agreement with CSX Transportation, Inc. in the amount of $228,150 for installation of pedestrian gates at Henry Street and allocation of $17,338 for completion of Henry Street sidewalk project based on comparison shopping.
4. Recommend Change Order No. 3 to contract with Aero Training and Rental, Inc. adding thirty-nine (39) days to Bagdad CDBG Sewer Extension project as recommended by project engineer.
5. Recommend Florida Division of Emergency Management Grant Agreement for Ramblewood Drive Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) drainage improvement project.
6. Recommend authorization for City of Milton and Rebuild Northwest Florida, Inc. to submit applications for Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) allocation for Hurricane Isaac.
7. Recommend Memorandum of Understanding with University of West Florida.
8. Recommend proposal from Thompson Consulting Services, LLC for Disaster Debris and Support Services.
9. Recommend proposal from Tidal Basin Governmental Consulting for Disaster Recovery Administrative Services.
10. Recommend Disaster Food Service Agreement with School District for meals during emergency operations.
11. Recommend Easement for Electrical Service with Gulf Power for Central Landfill.
12. Recommend Resolution transferring the Sundial Utilities, Inc. sewer franchise area to the City of Milton.
13. Recommend staff develop contract with Atkins North America, Inc. for RESTORE Act consulting services for Board approval.
14. Recommend designation of 20 mph speed limit on segment of Navarre Beach Causeway through the conclusion of black skimmer nesting season as recommended by Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
15. Recommend scheduling public hearing on proposed ordinance establishing the Windward Cove Court Street Lighting Municipal Services Benefit Unit (MSBU) project.
16. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Board room of the Santa Rosa County Administrative Center):
Marine Advisory June 4 5:00 p.m.
Tourist Development North End Committee June 6 8:30 a.m.
Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 5247 Stewart St., Milton
Commission Committee June 10 9:00 a.m.
Budget Workshop June 10 1:30 p.m.
Fire Department Executive Group June 10 6:30 p.m.
Emergency Operations Center, 4499 Pine Forest Rd, Milton
Tourist Development South End Committee June 12 9:00 a.m.
Navarre Visitors’ Center, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre
Building Code Board of Adjustments June 12 Cancelled
Public Services Conference Room, 6051 Old Bagdad Hwy., Milton
Commission Regular June 13 9:00 a.m.
Zoning Board Meeting June 13 6:00 p.m.
1. Recommend Preliminary Plat for Heritage Oaks, a 40 lot subdivision located in Working District 5.
2. Recommend Paved Road and Drainage Maintenance for Tallwood Court, improved through the Tallwood Court Road Paving MSBU and located in Working District Five.
Tallwood Court 162 LF
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend acceptance of $1,500 for short sale in lieu of foreclosure for HHRP home purchase assistance loan for the property located at 5362 Ticonderoga Street.
2. Recommend subordination of mortgage for SHIP loan on property located at 6409 Lynnwood Circle consistent with Board policy.
3. Recommend subordination of mortgage for SHIP loan on property located at 5456 Pine Ridge Drive consistent with Board policy.
4. Recommend staff initiate amendments to Comprehensive Plan related to 2011 legislative changes and making it more locally-focused.
5. Recommend Variance to Floodplain Management Ordinance for structure located at 7402 Mulberry Lane, Navarre.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
1. Recommend acceptance of right of way deed and paved road and drainage maintenance for Champions Green Drive from the Champions Green III Homeowner's Association.
2. Recommend extension of contract with Panhandle Grading and Paving, Inc. for asphalt services for one (1) year at current rates.
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 126 in the amount of $75,292 recognizing Dori Slosberg Driver Education Safety Act Revenue for FY12 and FY13 and distributing to School Board for drivers education program.
2. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 127 in the amount of $120,000 for resurfacing Langley Street from franchise fees for roads and drainage as approved at the May 9, 2013 meeting.
3. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 128 in the amount of $15,000 for the purchase of GIS application for economic development in partnership with Florida Power and Light statewide discount program as approved at the May 9, 2013 meeting.
4. Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.