9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor Fred Rogers, Milton First Assembly of God
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Minutes of the March 28, 2013 and April 11, 2013 Regular meetings
Approval of the Agenda
National Day of Prayer
9:30 Public Hearings
Vacation of portion of Big Oak Loop contingent upon conveyance of easement for turnaround access as requested by David Daniel representing Steve Wagner.
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
1. Recommend submission of letter of intent to participate in Gulf Power industrial site evaluation and certification program.
2. Recommend Amendment No. Four to Florida Department of Transportation Economic Development Trust Fund Agreement for extension of railroad spur to Gulf Cable site in Industrial Park.
3. Recommend bid in the amount of $20,000 per acre from Maisel Family Properties, LLC for thirty- five (35) acre parcel in Santa Rosa Industrial Park pursuant to Board pricing guidelines for construction of distribution center by Goldring GulfDistributing, LLC. and authorize contract for sale.
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend bid in the amount of $473,751 from Roberson Excavation, Inc. for base bid and Alternatives 1A, 2A, and 2B for Navarre East CDBG sewer project as low bidder meeting specifications.
2. Recommend scheduling Local Restore Council meeting on Monday, May 6, 2013beginning at 3:00 p.m. in Board meeting room.
3. Recommend application for tax deeds on eight (8) parcels and authorization for execution of all relevant documents pursuant to Florida Statutes.
4. Recommend allocation of $18,000 for promotion of Navarre Beach Singer/Songwriter Festival and $15,300 for the 2013 Fireworks on Navarre Beach as recommended by the Tourist Development Council.
5. Recommend Variance to Floodplain Management Ordinance for structure located at 2702 Hartman Court, Navarre.
6. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Board room of theSanta Rosa County Administrative Center):
Tourist Development North End Committee May 2 8:30 a.m.
Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 5247 Stewart St., Milton
Commission Committee May 6 9:00 a.m.
Local Restore Council May 6 3:00 p.m.
Marine Advisory May 7 5:00 p.m.
Tourist Development South End Committee May 8 9:00 a.m.
Navarre Visitors’ Center, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre
Commission Regular May 9 9:00 a.m.
Zoning Board Meeting May 9 6:00 p.m.
1. Recommend Resolution authorizing Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program Agreement for construction of paved shoulders on segment of Chumuckla Highway (CR197) and authorize execution of all relevant documents.
2. Recommend permitting City of Milton install 3-inch force main on Peter Prince Airportproperty.
3. Recommend proposal including scope of work and fee from Geosyntec Consultants in the amount of $156,956 for design of Cell C at Central Landfill.
4. Recommend proposal including scope of work and fee from HDR Engineering, Inc. for construction quality assurance and construction certification for Landfill Methane Gas collection system.
5. Recommend Final Plat for Village at Grand Ridge, a 14 lot subdivision located in Working District 5.
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend Resolutions to Florida Department of Transportation authorizing submission and continuing support for eight (8) current applications for Federal Transportation Alternative Program (TAP) funding.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
1. Recommend one year extension of agreement with Gulf Atlantic Culvert Co., Inc. for aluminized culvert pipe at current pricing.
2. Recommend one year extension of agreement with Arcadia Culverts, Inc. for polyethylene (HDPE) and bituminous coated culvert pipe at current pricing.
3. Recommend purchase of a diesel pile hammer from Seabrook Steel Corporation at a cost of $33,050 based on comparison shopping.
4. Recommend extension of multi-purpose path on East Bay Boulevard an additional 670 feet west of Edgewood Drive at an estimated cost of $35,000 utilizing previously approved funding.
5. Recommend installation of all-way stop signage at Bay Street and Oriole Beach Roadintersection and Laurel Drive and Harrison Avenue/Shady Pine Drive intersection.
6. Recommend Partial Release of Easement for stormwater drainage easement adjacent toTen Mile Road granted to Figure 8, LLC.
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 119 in the amount of $35,500 for Fire Services Assessment Rate Study as approved at the April 11, 2013 meeting.
2. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 120 in the amount of $85,557 to carry forward funds in the Self Insurance Fund for payment of Workers Compensation settlement agreements approved at the April 11, 2013 meeting.
3. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 121 in the amount of $3,400 for temporary services for Animal Services Department from Reserves for Contingencies.
4. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 122 in the amount of $70,000 for Special Primary and Special General House District 2 Elections on May 14, 2013 and June 11, 2013 from the General Fund reserves.
5. Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.