Monday, March 25, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Administrative Complex - Board Meeting Room
Economic Development Committee Salter & Cole
1. Project Breeze Progress Report/Update
2. Discussion of soliciting proposals for sale of ten (10) acre parcel in Santa Rosa Industrial Park for manufacturing facility with fifty (50) employees.
3. Discussion of appointment of Valera Young of NAS Pensacola as Veterans representative on Workforce Escarosa, Inc. Board of Directors.
4. Military Activities Update Pete Gandy
Administrative Committee Cole & Melvin
1. Discussion of Cornell Drive/Georgetown Court paving, water, and sewer MSBU project.
2. Discussion of policy revision allowing Pensacola Beach residents access to library card at no cost.
3. Discussion of scheduling conflict of Florida Association of Counties (FAC) annual meeting with the June 27, 2013 regular Board meeting.
4. Discussion of use of Navarre NatureWalk Park by Greater Navarre Beach Arts Association, Inc. for annual fall festival September 27 29, 2013
5. Public Hearing items scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013:
An ordinance amending ordinance 2007-16 section 5 Permitting Procedures for Construction and Demolition or Land Clearing Debris Solid Waste Disposal Facilities; providing for the addition of disclosure of Financial Responsibility for Closure Procedures
1. Discussion of Construction Plans for Pace Mill Creek Phase II, a 27 lot subdivision of a portion of Section 33, Township 2 North, Range 29 West, Santa Rosa County, Florida. (Working District 1)Public Services Committee Lynchard & Williamson
1. Discussion of abatement bid process for the following properties:
6496 Gaynell Ave., Milton 5437 Pecos Pass, Gulf Breeze
5186 Green Springs Dr., Milton 5441 Pecos Pass, Gulf Breeze
8956 Hwy 87 S, Milton 8730 Ray Helms Road, Milton
8986 Hwy 87 S, Milton 4466 Tamarind Dr., Pace
9014 Hwy 87 S, Milton 8302 Verano St., Navarre
2. Discussion of Resolution supporting 2013-2015 three year Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP) and authorization for the Chairman to sign all related documentation.
3. Discussion of interlocal operating agreement with the Department of the Navy and Santa Rosa County Emergency Management Communications establishing protocols for managing emergency calls (9-1-1 calls) for NAS Whiting Field.
Public Works Committee Williamson & Melvin
1. Discussion of request from the Parker's Landing Homeowner's Association for a No Parking Zone on Whispering Pines Boulevard for approximately 75 feet north and south of Leeward Way.
2. Discussion of request from the Grand Pointe Homeowners Association for four (4) multi-way stop intersections on Mary Kate Drive and Kelton Boulevard as traffic calming measures.
3. Discussion of milling and resurfacing Henry Street at an estimated cost of $140,000.00 and Forsyth Street at an estimated cost of $150,000.00 to be funded from Franchise Fees for Roads and Drainage.
4. Discussion of proposal from Lowery Industrial Coatings, Inc. in the amount of $26,800.00 for painting the exterior of the Administration Building based on comparison shopping.
5. Discussion of purchase of twenty-four 50-foot long steel pilings for bridge construction from Sabel Steel Service at a cost of $41,700.00 based on comparison shopping.
6. Discussion of acceptance of a Right-of-Way Easement from Grover Robinson IV as Trustee of the Alice Amelia Hall Trust for the purpose of eliminating limited visibility at the intersection of Twelve Oaks Drive and West Spencer Field Road.
Budget & Financial Management Committee Melvin & Lynchard
1. Discussion of bids received for abatement project located at 2202 Jeannie Street in Navarre. Low bidder meeting specifications is Sessions, Inc. with a bid of $2,250.
2. Discussion of bids received for abatement project located at 2204 Jeannie Street in Navarre. Low bidder meeting specifications is Sessions, Inc. with a bid of $2,250.
3. Discussion of bids received for abatement project located at 5237 Lassiter Road in Pace. Low bidder meeting specifications is Sessions, Inc. with a bid of $3,250.
4. Discussion of bids received for abatement project located at 4566 Rambling Way in Pace. Low bidder meeting specifications is Sessions, Inc. with a bid of $2,850.
5. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 105 in the amount of $304,440 to carry forward funds to cover the expense of a new phone system for the Sheriff in the General Fund.
6. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 106 in the amount of $40,000 to carry forward funds to cover the increase in our property and general liability coverage in the General Fund.
7. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 107 in the amount of $5,600 to recognize donations from the Bagdad Waterfronts Florida Partnership, Inc. and the Blackwater Pyrates organizations and authorize for expenditure for improvements to the Bagdad Mill Site Park in the District II Projects Fund.
8. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 108 in the amount of $1,230,000 to fund the construction of the Santa Rosa County Agri-Plex in East Milton Park from Reserve for Contingencies in the District II Projects Fund as approved at the January 22, 2013 Board Meeting.
9. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 109 in the amount of $34,877 to carry forward funds for the payment to City of Milton for Canal Street improvements ($34,877) in the Road & Bridge Fund as approved at the January 12, 2012 Board Meeting.
10. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 110 in the amount of $68,000 to carry forward prior year accumulation of Crime Prevention reserves to pay authorized expenditures in the Fine & Forfeiture Fund.
11. Discussion of Budget Amendment 2013 111 in the amount of $25,000 to the Town of Jay for the recreation program from the District III Recreation Fund as approved at the March 14, 2013 Board Meeting.
12. Discussion of County Expenditures / Check Register.
Florida has a very broad public records law. Under Florida law, both the content of emails and email addresses are public records. If you do not want the content of your email or your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in person.