COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
Thursday, February 28, 2013 – 9:00 a.m.
Administrative Complex - Board Meeting Room
9:00 a.m. Call to Order – Chairman Bob Cole
Prayer – Pastor George Trapani, Mt. Calvary Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of the Agenda
Economic Development Committee – Salter & Cole
1. Recommend soliciting bids for sale of thirty-five (35) acre parcel in Santa Rosa Industrial Park for proposed distribution center project.
Administrative Committee – Cole & Melvin
1. Recommend use of Navarre Nature Walk Park by the Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce for the annual Park Concert Series from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. each of the following Thursdays:
May 16, 23 and 30
June 6, 13, 20, and 27
July 4, 11, 18, and 25
August 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
2. Recommend soliciting proposals for the following services required for disaster emergency response:
- Disaster Recovery Administrative Services
- Disaster Debris Planning and Support
3. Meetings (unless otherwise noted the meetings below will be held in the Board room of the Santa Rosa County Administrative Center):
Marine Advisory March 5 5:00 p.m.
Tourist Development North End Committee March 7 8:30 a.m.
Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, 5247 Stewart St., Milton
Commission Committee March 11 9:00 a.m.
Fire Department Executive Group March 11 6:30 p.m.
Emergency Operations Center, 4499 Pine Forest Rd, Milton
Tourist Development South End Committee March 13 9:00 a.m.
Navarre Visitors’ Center, 8543 Navarre Parkway, Navarre
Commission Regular March 14 9:00 a.m.
Zoning Board Meeting March 14 6:00 p.m.
1. Recommend removal of the obstructions which penetrate the 20 to 1 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) glide path requirement for approach to Runway 36 at Peter Prince Airport.
3. Recommend Preliminary Plat for Pace Mill Creek Phase Two, a 27 lot subdivision located in Working District 1.
4. Recommend Final Plat for Duncan Ridge, a 27 lot subdivision located in Working District 5.
Public Services Committee – Lynchard & Williamson
1. Recommend subordination of mortgage for HHRP Home Purchase Assistance loan for property at 6204 Weekly Street consistent with Board policy.
2. Recommend Variance of Flood Plain Management Ordinance for proposed structure at 1154 Oyster Bay Drive.
Public Works Committee – Williamson & Melvin
1. Recommend resurfacing the following roads in District One at an estimated cost of $120,456:
Santa Villa Drive (south of Jenny Circle)
Landmark Lane (Highland Blvd to Pace Lane)
Blackwater Street (west end)
Regency Drive (Fairoaks Dr to Williams Rd)
Wood Duck Drive
2. Recommend paving the following dirt roads in District One at an estimated cost of $26,684:
Bonfire Drive (Tuscaloosa St to Santa Cruz Blvd)
3. Recommend proposal from Florida Pest Control & Chemical Company in the amount of $101 per acre for ant control in county parks based on comparison shopping including three year contract with annual renewals thereafter.
Budget & Financial Management Committee – Melvin & Lynchard
1. Recommend bid in the amount of $23,340 from Mike Motes Builders, LLC for HOME Substantial Rehabilitation Project located at 5041 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive as low bidder meeting specifications.
2. Recommend bid in the amount of $19,175 from Kyser Siding and Construction, Inc. for HOME Substantial Rehabilitation Project located at 4357 Pine Villa Circle as low bidder meeting specifications
3. Recommend bid from Martin Marietta Aggregates for lime rock stabilized base material at $25.50 per ton (Milton) and $24 per ton (Port of Pensacola) as low bidder meeting specifications.
4. Recommend rejection of bids received for the Navarre East Phase I CDBG Sewer Improvements Project and authorize rebidding.
5. Recommend bid from Perdido Grading and Paving, LLC in the amount of $38,000 for the Tallwood Court Road Paving MSBU as low bidder meeting specifications.
6. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 096 in the amount of $33,122 to complete Pace Community Center construction funded by $16,561 each from Districts One and Three Recreation Funds.
7. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 097 in the amount of $15,000 for annual youth development programs at the YMCA from District IV Recreation Fund Reserves.
8. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 098 in the amount of $16,590 carrying forward funds for insurance premiums for Umbrella Policy and General Liability coverage in the General Fund.
9. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 099 in the amount of $28,000 for ad valorem tax refund to Avalex Technologies for job creation as approved by Board November 8, 2012.
10. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 100 in the amount of $200,000 recognizing the 2012-2013 Defense Infrastructure Grant Award for acquisition of property proximate to NAS Whiting Field.
11. Recommend Budget Amendment 2013 – 101 in the amount of $30,000 for additional abatement/demolition of unsafe properties and allocates for expenditure in the General Fund.
12.Recommend County Expenditures / Check Register.