COMMISSION COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, February 25, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Administrative Complex - Board Meeting Room
Economic Development Committee Salter & Cole
1. Discussion of soliciting bids for sale of thirty-five (35) acre parcel in Santa RosaIndustrial Park for proposed distribution center project.
Administrative Committee Cole & Melvin
1. Discussion of Submerged Land Lease with Florida Bureau of Public LandAdministration for Navarre Beach Pier though January 15, 2016.
2. Discussion of use of Navarre Nature Walk Park by the Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce for the annual Park Concert Series from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. each of the following Thursdays:
May 16, 23 and 30
June 6, 13, 20, and 27
July 4, 11, 18, and 25
August 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
3. Discussion of soliciting proposals for the following services required for disaster emergency response:
- Disaster Recovery Administrative Services
- Disaster Debris Planning and Support
4. Public Hearing items scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday, February 28, 2013: NONE
1. Discussion of the obstruction penetrations of the visibility 20 to 1 surface at Peter PrinceAirport. (Attachment A)
2. Recommend award of Tallwood Court Road Paving MSBU to Perdido Grading and Paving, LLC in the amount of $38,000 as the lowest bidder meeting specifications. (Attachment B)
3. Information Item: Santa Rosa County Subdivision Approval Process. (Attachment C)
4. Recommend approval of Preliminary Plat for Pace Mill Creek Phase Two, a 27 lot subdivision of a portion of Section 33, Township 2 North, Range 29 West, Santa Rosa County, Florida. (Working District 1)
5. Recommend approval of Final Plat for Duncan Ridge, a 27 lot subdivision of a portion of Sections 16 & 17, Township 2 South, Range 26 West, Santa Rosa County, Florida(Working District 5).
Public Services Committee Lynchard & Williamson
1. Discussion of the SHIP second mortgage subordination request for the property located at6204 Weekly Street, Milton.
2. Discussion of flood plain variance request for 1154 Oyster Bay Drive, Milton.
Public Works Committee Williamson & Melvin
1. Discussion of resurfacing the following roads in District One at an estimated cost of $120,456.00:
Santa Villa Drive (south of Jenny Circle)
Landmark Lane (Highland Blvd to Pace Lane)
Blackwater Street (west end)
Regency Drive (Fairoaks Dr to Williams Rd)
Wood Duck Drive
2. Discussion of paving the following dirt roads in District One at an estimated cost of $26,684.00:
Bonfire Drive (Tuscaloosa St to Santa Cruz Blvd)
3. Discussion of proposal from Florida Pest Control & Chemical Company in the amount of $101.00 per acre for ant control in county parks based on comparison shopping and consideration of three year contract with annual renewals after initial contract period.
Budget & Financial Management Committee Melvin & Lynchard
1. Discussion of bids received for HOME Substantial Rehabilitation Project located at 5041 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive in Milton. Low bidder meeting specifications is Mike Motes Builders, LLC with a bid of $23,340.
2. Discussion of bids received for HOME Substantial Rehabilitation Project located at 4357 Pine Villa Circle in Pace. Low bidder meeting specifications is Kyser Siding and Construction, Inc. with a bid of $19,175.
3. Discussion of bids received for limerock stabilized base. Sole bidder meeting specifications is Martin Marietta Aggregates with a bid of $25.50 per ton delivered to the county Road Department.
4. Discussion of the rejection of bids received for the Navarre East Phase I Sewer Improvements Project (a CDBG funded project), and re-bidding the project.
5. Budget Amendment 2013 096 in the amount of $64,347 to carry forward funds to pay Vision Construction Ent., Inc. for the completion of the Pace Community Center in the Capital Projects Fund.
6. Budget Amendment 2013 097 in the amount of $15,000 to fund the youth development programs at the YMCA from District IV Project Fund Reserves.
7. Budget Amendment 2013 098 in the amount of $16,590 to carry forward funds for insurance premiums for Umbrella Policy and General Liability Policy annual renewals in the General Fund.
8. Budget Amendment 2013 099 in the amount of $28,000 to fund the rebate of Ad Valorem tax from the Electric Franchise Fee Fund to Avalex Technologies due to improvements that led to the creation of jobs as approved at the November 8, 2012BOCC meeting.
9. Budget Amendment 2013 100 in the amount of $200,000 to recognize the 2012-2013 Defense Infrastructure Grant Award (DIG 13-05) for purchase of land or secure easements around Whiting Field as identified in the Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) agreement as approved at the December 12, 2012 BOCC meeting in the Grant Fund.
10. Budget Amendment 2013 101 in the amount of $30,000 to carry forward funds for additional building demolitions and allocates for expenditure in the General Fund.
11. Discussion of County Expenditures / Check Register.